Transform into a Lean Enterprise
Manufacturers today are maneuvering through tough times - trying to maintain (or better yet...increase) their margins without sacrificing capacity, product quality and customer satisfaction. The current economic situation is unfornately putting these manufacturers at the whims of their customers - forced to meet their prices whether they like it or not. The only way to increase agility while profitably growing revenue is to do more with less. That's where Lean practices comes in. CGN’s Lean and Six Sigma techniques enable companies to drastically reduce waste, increase their agility to meet demand, and ultimately reach superior customer satisfaction – the key to a sustainably profitable business relationship.
Read our Lean Enterprise Executive Briefing
We work with our clients as transformation partners, not as consultants, to collaborate and understand their unique situation - maximizing their efficiency and operational effectiveness. Our Lean solutions enable our clients to operate at levels above and beyond their competition to become preferred manufacturers to their customers. CGN starts with an operational assessment to understand your Lean maturity – first by defining the current state and desired future state followed by outlining a strategy to execute.
Lean Six Sigma – Bottom Line Improvements
Lean Six Sigma has been a tried and true practice that has allowed companies to be the most efficient, effective and recession-resistant organizations in the world. Through our unique contract structure, we create a total collaborative partnership allowing for shared successes. Our Value Stream Transformations have helped Fortune 500 companies all the way to small component manufacturers realize financial benefits such as:
- Cost Savings of 6-7% of yearly sales
- Productivity increase of 30- 100+%
- Lead Time reduction of 40-90+%
- Manufacturing/ Product Cost reduction of 20-50+%
- Inventory reduction of 40-90%
- Floor Space reduction of 20-50+%
- New Product Time to Market reduction of 30-50+%
- Quality Costs reduced 50-60%
- Quality Improvement of 20-95+%
- Problem Solving – a CGN methodology inherent in all client engagements; uncovering root causes and developing strategic, flexible solutions
- Business Process Improvement – inherent in Lean transformations utilizing value stream mapping; the keystone in waste elimination – from manufacturing to back office and in any industry
- Production System Improvement – create an advanced, lean system that can be rolled out to new plants, enable Value Stream Transformations, and give birth to a process that can forever turn your entire organization into a Lean Enterprise
- Variation Reduction & Process Capability Improvement – by increasing process capability, an organization can scale to ensure consistency, efficiency and effectiveness in their manufacturing services
- New Product Introduction – in order to ensure sustainable Lean practices, the process to bring new products from Phase Zero to production and beyond needs to follow the same Lean principles
- Quality Management System Development – results in Submission and Certification Readiness; sustain the quality using Lean efficiency and effectiveness, enabling the organization to qualify for any certifications needed
- Variation Reduction & Process Capability Improvement – we work with manufacturers to increase consistency of quality and extend capabilities for processes throughout manufacturing operations
For how we can help improve your supply base using Lean and Quality techniques please visit our Supplier Performance Improvement page.
For more information on CGN’s Lean capabilities, please contact: